Vietnam is among the most affordable countries in the world to visit, and April offers a lot of chances to see the main sights with favourable weather conditions all throughout the nation with occasional rains in the South.
As Vietnam’s spring peak season is ending in April, prices continue to be reasonable. With minimal rainy days and lots of sunshine in North Vietnam, along with several significant festivals to enjoy, Vietnam in April is a fantastic time to explore Vietnam!
This article will help you know more about Vietnam weather in April so that you can plan your trip out perfectly!
Learn more about The Best Time To Visit Vietnam In 2023!
Best Experience During The Vietnam Weather In April
In terms of weather, April is one of the best months to visit Halong Bay. The temperature is neither too chilly nor too hot since winter is gone and summer is just around the corner. The average temperature in Halong Bay is around 23ºC, with the highest temperature reaching 30ºC and the lowest temperature at 22ºC, making it ideal for a variety of outdoor activities. Clear blue skies and mild winds offer an excellent opportunity to take in the spectacular scenery.
Also, because it is not peak season for visiting Halong Bay, all services are reasonably priced. A cruise is an incredible way to discover Ha Long Bay and have a dream holiday. While visiting Ha Long Bay, you don’t have to spend a fortune on a luxury cruise with high-quality service.
Take a look at our 8-Hour Halong Bay Discovery Tour + Luxury Buffet Lunch and have an unforgettable trip in Vietnam!
Average Rainfalls In Major Cities In April
|Rainfall In May
|Rainy Days In May
|Ho Chi Minh City
Average Temperature In Major Cities In April
|Ho Chi Minh City
|Phu Quoc Island
Average Humidity In April
In April, the average humidity in Vietnam is fairly high across the country. In South Vietnam, notably in Ho Chi Minh City, the average humidity is approximately 71%, and the weather is dry and bright.
Northern Vietnam has slightly greater average humidity than the south, particularly in Ha Noi city, at 79%, while central Vietnam has the greatest average humidity, reaching up to 86% in Da Nang. At this time of the year, good weather can be expected in Hue, the central highlands, and Dalat.
The Best Vietnam Experiences In April
The Best Things To Do In Vietnam In April
In general, April is the best month for travel across Vietnam due to the good weather, the vivid colors, and the breathtaking landscape. There are many activities in Vietnam to keep you occupied. Include these activities in your trip and take the time to see every inch of this lovely country!
- For coffeeholics, see the coffee-making heartland of Buon Ma Thuot, a magnificent place of roaring waterfalls and traditional villages of the native Ede people.
- Participate in important festivals and rituals in April to experience great lessons about Vietnamese culture and lifestyles such as Hung Festival (held each 8th to the 11th day of the third lunar month), Thay Pagoda Festival (held on the fifth to seventh days of the third month of the lunar calendar), Reunification and International Labor Day (April 30 – May 1)…
- For nature lovers, mountain destinations in northern Vietnam, such as Sapa, Mai Chau, and Pu Luong, as well as delta attractions such as Ninh Binh and Lan Ha Bay, are must-sees.
- If you want to immerse yourself in cultural richness and visit ethnic minorities, take the magnificent route of Sapa – Bac Ha – Ha Giang – Cao Bang – Ba Be.
- Vietnam has numerous possibilities for a coastal stay, from famed marine paradises like Phu Quoc island, Nha Trang, and Mui Ne to wilder and less popular places like Quy Nhon, Con Dao, and Ninh Thuan. In April, Danang, Hoi An and Nha Trang beaches are at their finest with an average temperature of 28 °C.
Related article: 10 Dreamy Beaches Vietnam Has To Offer
- The most exciting activities in Ninh Binh include going on a paddle tour in Trang An or Tam Coc, climbing to the summit of Hang Mua for a panoramic view of Tam Coc Valley, and trekking in Cuc Phuong National Park. Ninh Binh is also home to the massive Bai Dinh Pagoda, Southeast Asia’s largest Buddhist temple complex.
If you are visiting Vietnam for the first time and have limited time, we can easily introduce you to major cities such as Ho Chi Minh City or Ha Noi within a day, with many activities to get to know the country well, such as village visits where you can interact with local ethnic groups, riding through the countryside in Hanoi, or nice walks in the big cities.
FAQs About Vietnam In April
Is April a good time to visit Vietnam?
The perfect time to visit Vietnam is from March to April when rainfall is minimal and temperatures are cooler. The weather in Vietnam varies greatly from north to south, from temperate to tropical.
How hot is Hanoi in April?
April is a hot month in Hanoi with an average temperature of around 25.6°C. Hanoi’s temperature in April ranges between 22ºC (71ºF) to 30ºC (86ºF).
Learn more about The Best Time To Visit Hanoi For Weather, Festivals, And Tourism
How hot is it in Ho Chi Minh City in April?
April is a hot month in Ho Chi Minh City with an average temperature of around 30.4°C. Ho Chi Minh City’s temperature in April ranges from 26ºC (78ºF）to 35ºC (95ºF).
Is April the rainy season in Vietnam?
The hot and dry season in southern Vietnam begins in November and lasts until the end of April, with temperatures frequently topping 30°C. Rain happens between May and October, although the weather stays pleasant, with temperatures ranging from 25°C to 32°C.
What is the weather like in Halong Bay in April?
April is significantly warmer than earlier months. The average temperature is 23°C, with peaks of 28°C and lows of 20°C. The sea temperature rises to roughly 29°C, allowing you to finally wear your shorts and flip-flops and enjoy the sunshine and pleasant water.
Is there a wet season in north Vietnam in April?
No, there is no wet season in April in north Vietnam; however, 9 days of rain are expected during the month.
Have a look at 10 Affordable Day Trips From Hanoi
Is Vietnam expensive in April?
Vietnam is one of the most affordable countries in the world to visit, and April offers a lot of chances to see the main sights all throughout the nation. Enjoy a boat tour in the gorgeous Ha Long Bay or a motorbike tour around the famous Ha Giang loop.
Need more recommendations? Have a look at 12 Best Places In Vietnam | Bucket List Destinations 2023
Vietnam is a fantastic place to visit in April. The country boasts some of the nicest weather all year, allowing travelers to explore its whole length and width. Enjoy the different festivals, learn about the local cultures, stroll through the lovely spring landscapes, and view Ha Long Bay at its most attractive.
Have a look at the Day trips that we offer to experience the one-of-a-lifetime vacation that you deserve with the local experts.
Join us today and let’s discover the awesomeness of Vietnam together!