Want to explore deep and ancient cave networks, sparkling underground rivers and lakes, and the dense jungles and river valleys of Central Vietnam? This tour in the UNESCO national park of Phong Nha Ke Bang is the tour for you! Combining exercise, adventure, and discovery, this tour highlights some of the most beautiful and unique parts of the region, and of all Vietnam!
The trek begins deep in the jungle of Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park, Vietnam. Once the team reaches the trailhead you will plunge into the jungle and begin the uphill climb into Elephant Cave. Upon completing the most difficult 20 minutes of the trek you will be rewarded with the magnificent sight of 60 meters high, 300-meter-long Elephant cave. Continue hiking through the jungle trail, and river crossings deep in the Ma Da valley.
It is time for swimming in the crystal lake, and cliff jumping while enjoying a BBQ lunch prepared by our porter team. Swim to complete Tra Ang cave in the afternoon before we head to the main road where our driver is waiting for you with cold beers and soft drinks!
Elephant Cave, Tra Ang Water Cave, Swim at Crystal Lake, Jungle BBQ lunch.
Duration: A Day
Adventure Level: Moderate
Minimum age: 9 years old
Departure: Wed and Sun
Group size: 2 to 14 persons
Tour starts: 08:00 AM from any local hotel in Phong Nha
Tour ends: 17:30 PM at any local hotel in Phong Nha
8:00-08:30: Pick up at the hotel and transfer to our base (Jungle Boss Head Quarters).
8:30: Brief meeting to plan the trip, and clarify rules and regulations in the National Park
8:45: Depart for Elephant Cave by van
10.00: Arrive at the trek departure point and start trekking through the jungle to
the Elephant cave
10:00 – 11:00: Explore the Elephant cave
12:00: Reach Ma Da Lake, and swim into Ma Da crystal lake.
12:45: Enjoy BBQ lunch
14:00: Start trekking to Tra Ang Cave.
15:00: Arrive at Tra Ang Cave
15:45: Swim into Tra Ang Cave to explore 600m Tra Ang Cave (optional)
16:30: Start trekking back to Ho Chi Minh road.
17:00: Arrive at Ho Chi Minh road, enjoy a cold drink in a rest area
17:30: Drive back to Phong Nha and get dropped off at your hotel in Phong Nha
- Adventure local tour guide & porter support team
- Pick-up and drop-off at any local hotels in Phong Nha (Out of Phong Nha, please pre-arrange with our adventure Sales team)
- Entrance Fees (400,000vnd/person to national park)
- Caving and safety equipment: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Local BBQ lunch
- Use of basic trekking canvas shoes size 37 to 44 (only if you don’t have your
- Use of medium towel
- Purified water (partially carried by your own and the porter team)
- First Aid kit (application by guides and porters only)
- Secure storage at Headquarter office for guests’ luggage which is not necessary for the trek
- All prices include of government value added tax
Note: Jungle Boss holds the right to make alternative changes on the program due to unexpected weather condition.
From $80 per person