This tour explores some of the most unique landscapes and architecture in Ninh Binh, Vietnam. From cycling through local villages, sampling local food and drinks as you meander through country roads, to rowing a traditional sampan boat in vast cave networks, this tour delivers experiences of epic proportions. With English-speaking guides and complimentary pick-up and drop-off from Hanoi, this tour is great for all the family, especially for those that like to get off the beaten track and explore the real Vietnam!
- Travel by luxury limousine bus. Free Wifi
- Limited number of people in one group (maximum 7 people).
- Explore natural and unique rural villages and countryside and get off the beaten track in Tam Coc Valley
- Travel by motorbike, bicycle, and bamboo boat in the heart of Vietnam
- Take a sampan boat through numerous river caves including the Dark and Light caves.
- Meet local people, See the culture and experience Vietnamese lifestyle.
- Enrich your knowledge about Vietnamese history that you never heard before in the ancient Hoa Lu
Cancel up to 48 hours in advance to receive a full refund
07:15- 07:45 - Pick up from your hotel in Hanoi.
09:10 - We have a short break half way for you to use the rest room or enjoy some tea or coffee
10:00 - You will arrive at Ninh Hai village located near Tam Coc where you start your journey and discover the beauty of the area. When we arrive will get mountain bikes and start your cycling through rural villages to see how the local people live and take part in their culture.
Stop to enjoy some tea, cake, and candy. Our tour guide will lead you cycling through the narrow and unique country roads largely undiscovered by tourism.
10.30 - Our tour guide will take you to visit a local family and you will have chance to see the daily life and learn about their culture. After visiting a local family, you will cycle through Tam Coc Valley where you see AMAZING landscapes with beautiful nature and limestone mountains - also known as Halong Bay on land.
Tip: The rice harvest season in Ninh Binh is around in June & July and offers travellers picture-perfect views with incredible colors and vistas.
Option: If you don’t want to take a bicycle, we have the option to take a motorbike (with driver) - extra cost is 5 USD per person
11.00 - Visit the Thai Vi temple dedicated to the Tran dynasty. The amazing temple complex was built by King Tran Thai Tong in 1258 and showcases ancient Vietnamese architecture.
11.30 - Head to the restaurant for lunch.
13.20 - Board the bus to Trang An harbor for a bamboo boat trip. Take a sampan boat (2 to 4 people share a boat) and be gently rowed down the river through numerous caves;
- Hang Toi (Dark) cave, 320 meter long
- Sang (Light) cave, 90 meter long
- Hang Nau Ruou (Cooking wine) cave, 250 meter long
Every passage brings a new sense of mystery from another world and time. The fauna and flora is rich and the sight of a goat jumping from one cliff to the other is a common sight.
15.45 - Arrive at Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam.
Built-in the 10th century, the temple of King Dinh includes defensive earthen walls, palaces, temples and shrines, and is surrounded and protected by mountains of limestone.
Visitors can see temples built in honor of the emperors Đinh Tiên Hoàng and Lê Đại Hành, and amazing views of the Hoàng Long ("Golden Dragon") River that runs just north-west of the capital. Under the introduction of our local guide, you will get to know more about Vietnamese history.
16.20 - Leave Ninh Binh and drive straight back to Hanoi.
18.30 - Arrive in Hanoi at your hotel or other address in Hanoi. Trip ends.
Should you choose to cancel a booking, VIA must be notified by email.
The cancellation fee will be applied under the following conditions. Cancellation is:
- More than 7 days before departure: 0 % charge
- From 2 to 6 days before departure: 50% of the payment is charged
- From 48 hours before the tour starts: 100% of the payment is charged
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late
cancellation and will result in 100% of the payment charged.
- Children under 4 years old: Free of charge
- Children 5 to 10 years old: Charged 75% of adult rate
- Children from 11 years old and above: Full charge at adult rate