This tour includes over 5 hours of sailing to some of the best places available on most 2-day cruise routes. Renowned for its striking passages, uninhabited islets, lagoons, and stunning beauty, Halong Bay is a UNESCO world heritage site that truly is a bucket list destination.
Enjoy a pleasant and exciting cruise through one of the world’s most amazing bays in the comfort of a Halong Bay cruise ship. Swim in the gorgeous emerald green and blue waters and make some incredible memories on a cruise packed full of activities and exploration.
- Set lunch menu
- Shuttle bus round trip - Hanoi - Halong - Hanoi on the new highway
- 5-6 hours to enjoy the bay including Surprise Cave - the largest cave in Halong Bay, Titop Island, Luon Cave, trekking to Titov Peak to enjoy picturesque views of Halong, Sung Sot Grotto, bamboo boating, and kayaking.
Cancel up to 48 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Option 1: If you stay in Hanoi
08:15 – 08:45 – Our Limousine bus and tour guide picks you up from your hotel inside the Hanoi Old Quarter and follows the new highway to depart for Tuan Chau Island, Halong City, with a rest stop on the way.
Please note: Our transportation can be arranged within the Old Quarter or Hanoi City Center.
Option 2: If you stay in Halong
Please take a taxi to Ông Bầu Coffee at Tuan Chau harbor to check in between 11h45am-12h00am.
12:00 – Arrive at Tuan Chau Harbor, be welcomed aboard, and receive a safety briefing and welcome drink.
Your luxury cruise ship will take you on a 5 to 6 hour journey through Halong Bay’s most majestic and awe-inspiring natural scenery renowned for its striking passages, uninhabited islets, and white sand beaches.
13:45 – Arriving at the Bo Hon archipelago, you will visit the Surprise Cave and discover stalagmites and stalactites with fossils of ancient sea creatures. Then go kayaking or take a bamboo boat in Luon Cave and enjoy the beautiful lagoon.
Visit Titov Island with sandy beaches and towering limestone mountains with an excellent backdrop of the Bay. Guests may climb up Titov Peak for a panoramic view of Halong Bay’s UNESCO treasures.
16:30 – Return to the cruise for afternoon tea and sail back to Tuan Chau harbor. There is a lot of time for sunbathing on the upper deck with music, drinks, and a chance to meet fellow travelers.
17:45-18:00 – Disembark the cruise and travel on the new highway to Hanoi.
20:30 – Drop off at your hotel. Trip ends.
Bad weather cancellation policy
Cruise Companies try to avoid operating any vessel in the vicinity of a tropical system and monitor the progress of these storms very closely. If there is any potential threat to any of our passengers or ships, the itinerary may be altered to try to avoid any interaction with the storm or any affected areas.
The cancellation of the cruise is decided by the Halong Bay Management Board. They closely monitor the weather conditions; they usually do not give official notice but instead do not give permission for boats to go out. Final decisions of cruise cancellations are made before 3.00 PM on the day.
Most often in case of storms, Cruise Companies inform Vietnam Is Awesome and passengers a day before the cruise embarks. In case there is no knowledge beforehand of any storms, Cruise Companies may announce the cancellation on the morning of the cruise or as soon as it receives information from the local authority that no boats are allowed to go in the Halong Bay.
Vietnam Is Awesome also monitors the weather situation closely and tries to update all passengers. Please always leave us your contact details, such as your hotel in Hanoi or your mobile number in Vietnam.
If Vietnam Is Awesome informs passengers of the cruise cancellation before passengers depart from Hanoi, passengers will receive a 100% refund of the tour fee (not including the standard credit card processing fee). Vietnam Is Awesome will also try to help you rebook the cruise for the following day(s) depending on your schedule, the cruise availability, and weather conditions.
- The reservation can be modified up to 3 days before your travel dates.
- Free cancellation up to 3 days before travel dates.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking and can be settled by credit card. If cancelled according to the cancellation policy, refunds will be made to your bank account. It may take 5-10 business days for the refund to appear in your account.
- A credit card processing fee of 3.5% will not be refunded.
- Tickets for children below 5 years old: free of charge exclusive of entrance tickets, bus transfer and meals)
- Tickets for children 5-8 years old: 75% of the tour fee.
- Tickets for children over 8 years old are charged at adult rates.