Cai Be is a small village that still retains its natural beauty, busy river system, tasty food, and hospitable people. You can’t talk about Cai Be without talking about its floating market and abundance of delicious tropical fruits. The highlight of the day is to cruise among the boats coming from all areas of the Delta, and to cycle along the trails, returning the friendly smiles and waves of local children.
- Cruising along the Mekong River by motorboat and visiting a little floating market
- Enjoy hand-rowing sampan under the shady tropical fruit gardens
- Visit to a traditional workshop where they produce coconut candies, pop-rice, rice paper or rice wine…
- Cycling around the charming village of Cái Bè
- Trying yourself in cooking a Vietnamese dish guided by your local host
- Experience time at an authentic village
- Great value tour with hotel pick-up, entrance fees, and round-trip transport included
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
|Pick-up Time||End Tour|
|07:30 - 08:00||17:30 – 18:00|
Our guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh, and drive 2,5 hours to Cái Bè. We will stop along the way for refreshments and a toilet.
Upon arrival, we will visit a flea market before cruising along a vast network of canals and channels to enjoy wonderful views of the Mekong River. Stop by a houseboat at the floating market for fresh fruits, and see how locals do their business on the water.
In your visits to some local cottage industries, you can see a coconut candy workshop, try some snake wine, learn how to make pop-rice, or witness the process of making rice paper.
Cross to the other side of the Mekong River to a famous island named Tân Phong. Here we visit a tropical fruit garden, listen to Vietnamese traditional music, and slowly enjoy getting in touch with local life by taking a hand-rowing sampan.
Lunch will be served at a local house. Your host will show you a cooking demonstration and challenge yourself with cooking a traditional Vietnamese dish and enjoy your wonderful lunch afterward.
After that, we can choose to take a rest at the house or take a cycling tour for about 30 minutes around the village, this will give you a fantastic way to experience local life.
Get back to the house, say goodbye to your hosts and drive back to Hồ Chí Minh City. We drop you at your hotel or somewhere in District 1 as requested. End of services.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.
- Air-conditional minivan
- Small-group tour limited to 12 guests/group.
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- All boat trips (motorboat & hand-rowed boat)
- Bicycle ride
- All admission fees
- Lunch (5-course set menu)
- Drinks (2 bottles of 500ml/Person)
- Snacks (fruits, candies, honey tea…)
- Local taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in District 1)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
- Drinks (beer, soft drinks…)
- Travel insurance
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise if you have food allergies or dietary information.
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Only one under-five free admission per family
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.