My Tho is one of the biggest cities in the Mekong Delta, dotted with serene Buddhist pagodas and surrounded by dense rivers. Many great destinations for visitors have been established by the local government and private companies, serving thousands of tourists every day. We recommend this tour for those who want to get an overview of the Mekong Delta for a few delightful hours.
- Cruising along the Mekong River by motorboat
- Enjoy hand-rowing sampan under the shade of water coconut trees
- Visit a traditional workshop where they produce coconut candies, rice paper, or rice wine…
- See the floating fish farm where the villagers cultivate freshwater fish and shrimp
- Visit Vĩnh Tràng pagoda, an ancient southern architectural gem built in the middle of the 19th century.
- Great value tour with hotel pick-up, entrance fees, and round-trip transport included
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
|Pick-up Time||End Tour|
|08:30 - 09:00||17:00 - 17:30|
Our guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel, and drive 1,5 hours to My Tho. We will stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
Upon arrival, we board a motorboat and cruise along a vast network of canals and channels to enjoy wonderful views of the Mekong River, including four famous islands “Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle, and Phoenix”.
Stop at one of the floating fish houses, in nets and wire baskets under their house, the villagers cultivate freshwater fish and shrimp - a major export product of the region.
Cross the River to the other side, you will stop at a traditional workshop to witness a step-by-step process on how to make coconut candy, and honey farming… while trying some yourself and listening to traditional music.
Enjoy what local people offer by hand rowing a sampan along the shady, breezy canal. We will transfer to local transportation called Xe Lôi to travel throughout the villages.
Lunch will be served at a riverside restaurant with a Vietnamese 5-course set menu. Please request in advance if you have a food allergy, you are a vegetarian, or you observe Halal.
Take a rest after lunch before boarding the motorboat back to My Tho. We drive to Vĩnh Tràng pagoda, an ancient southern architectural gem built in the middle of the 19th century. There are many Buddha statues including some that are over a hundred years old.
We drive another 1,5 hours back to Ho Chi Minh city and drop you at your hotel or somewhere in District 1 on request. End of services.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.
- Air-conditional minivan
- Small-group tour limited to 12 guests/group.
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- All boat trips (motorboat & hand-rowed boat)
- All admission fees
- Lunch (5-course set menu)
- Drinks (2 bottles of 500ml/Person)
- Snacks (fruits, candies, honey tea…)
- Local taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in District 1)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
- Drinks (beer, soft drinks…)
- Travel insurance
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise if you have a food allergy or dietary information.
- Vegetarian or Halal food options are available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Only one under-five free admission per family
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.